NRHM - National Rural Health Mission
National Rural Health Mission (2005-2012), was formally launched in Uttaranchal on 27th of October 2005 by Hon'ble Cabinet Health Minister Dr. Anmbumani Ramadoss. Its focus is to strengthen primary health care through grass root level public health interventions based on community ownership
Health Sector Reforms:
- Fixed Day Approach Services/ Convergence with ICDS Department
- Main Streaming of ISM&H Doctors in All National Programmes.
- Fixing responsibilities of Medical Officers at PHC level.
- Out-Sourcing for sanitation, laundry & kitchen services at 100+ bedded hospital.
- Formulation and implementation of drug & equipment procurement policy.
- Autonomy to 27 district level & big hospitals.
- Monitory incentives to Staff serving in difficult & remote areas.
- Contractual appointment of medical and paramedical staff.
- Appointment of 446 Pharmacist at sub centre level.
- Contractual appointment of super specialist in big hospitals.
- Establishment of ISM & Homeopathic on wing in each district hospital.
- Creation of posts of 103 Lady Medical Officer at identified primary health centres.
Initiatives For Medical Care To BPL Population:
Uttaranchal State Illness Assistance fund society has been constituted in the chairmanship of Hon'ble Health Minister to provide treatment for below poverty Line population (BPL) for identified fatal diseases viz cancer, heart, AIDS, mental, brain-tumor, total hip & Knee replacement, spinal surgery, major vascular surgery, bone marrow transplantation. Kidney transplantation and cornea pasty. 12 Esteemed medical institution has been empanelled inside & outside the State to provide treatment.
Mobile Health Van
To cater health needs of outreach population, Mobile Clinics are being introduced through following mobile Vans :
1. TIFAC (Technology information forecasting and assessment council)
2. Sehat Ki Sawari (Mobile Health Clinic) at district Chamoli & Tehri
Universal Health Insurance Scheme:
- Universal Health Insurance scheme for BPL families has been launched in Uttaranchal State on November 2004 as per the guidelines of Ministry of Finance, Department of Economics Affairs GoI New Delhi.
- Under this scheme approximately 3,76,000 BPL Families will be benefited.
- All the Govt. Hospitals of UA State & 27 Private Hospitals of Uttaranchal & U.P. State has empanelled for treatment under the scheme.